View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0016124||CentOS-7||gnome-terminal||public||2019-05-29 07:41||2019-05-29 09:56|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0016124: Cannot copy from Vim and paste to Terminal|
|Description||Running Vim 8.1.1415 I cannot copy from Vim and paste to the Terminal outside of Vim.|
Copy-pasting in the opposite direction works: copy some text in Terminal, then open Vim and paste with "+p.
Also copying from Vim and pasting in other program except the Terminal, e.g. Gedit, works.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Open Vim in Terminal|
2. Visually select some text pressing v
3. Yank to the "+ register via "+y
4. Suspend Vim with C-z
5. Control-Shift-v doesn't paste the selected text in Terminal
Note that copy-pasting in the opposite direction works. I.e.:
1. In Terminal, outside of Vim, select with the mouse some text
2. Copy it with Control-Shift-c
3. Open Vim
4. Paste with "+p. It works.
Also note that copying from Vim and pasting in any other program except the Terminal, e.g. Gedit, works too.
So it seems to be a problem with Terminal.
|Tags||gnome-terminal vim clipboard copy-paste|