View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0017642||CentOS-7||java||public||2020-08-03 11:24||2020-08-07 16:39|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||7.8-2003|
|Summary||0017642: java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0_262 packages not available for CentOS 6 or 7|
|Description||Apologies if this is not the right place to raise this.|
Upstream released packages for OpenJDK 8u262 last month; see:
* https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhsa-announce/2020-July/msg00072.html (RHEL 8)
* https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhsa-announce/2020-July/msg00073.html (RHEL 7)
* https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhsa-announce/2020-July/msg00074.html (RHEL 6)
I can see that CentOS 8 AppStream has a package, e.g. java-1.8.0-openjdk-188.8.131.522.b10-0.el8_2.x86_64.rpm at http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/AppStream/x86_64/os/Packages/.
The equivalent doesn't seem to have been published for CentOS 6 or 7 updates, though, e.g. checking:
* http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/updates/x86_64/Packages/ (latest us 8u252)
* http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/updates/x86_64/Packages/ (latest is 8u252)
and likewise checking for updates in the normal way with Yum; nothing offered for these OS versions.
I waited a while since I know these packages have sometimes taken longer than "normal" to get built in the past; for instance, last time (ca. April), they coincided with the 7.8 release.
Is the absence of these packages for 6 and 7 known and/or intentional - have I missed an announcement somewhere? I can't see anything relevant on the CentOS-announce or CentOS-devel list archives for the past few months.
|Tags||No tags attached.|