View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0018384||CentOS-8||dlm||public||2022-01-07 20:24||2022-02-03 22:14|
|Summary||0018384: kernel-4.18.0-348.el8 and newer versions make virtual consoles become frozen|
|Description||* vCenter, vSphere browser console, remote consoles (VMRC) frozen/ stuck|
* Unable to perform any task on virtual console which is critically important to do local testing.
* Cursor, mouse and keyboard is not responding on virtual console.
This is issue noticed with kernel-4.18.0-348.el8 and above.
|Steps To Reproduce||Launch browser or remote console on vCenter or vSphere (any version applies) virtual machine appears to be frozen/stuck on boot, but remote access with ssh works without any issues.|
|Additional Information||To identify this problem and exclude possibility of issue being on VMware site, I've downgraded kernel version on my virtual machines to 4.18.0-305.25.1.el8_4.x86_64. Browser console and remote console works without any problems.|
Upon reviewing kernel release notes, I've stumble on this notes:
2021-10-04 - Bruno Meneguele <email@example.com> [4.18.0-348.el8]
- drm/nouveau/fifo/ga102: initialise chid on return from channel creation (Ben Skeggs) 
- drm/nouveau/ga102-: support ttm buffer moves via copy engine (Ben Skeggs) 
- drm/nouveau/kms/tu102-: delay enabling cursor until after assign_windows (Ben Skeggs) 
- drm/nouveau/kms/nv50: workaround EFI GOP window channel format differences (Ben Skeggs) 
- drm/nouveau/disp: power down unused DP links during init (Ben Skeggs) 
- drm/nouveau: recognise GA107 (Ben Skeggs) 
One of these changes might be causing this problem
|Tags||No tags attached.|