View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0005255||CentOS-6||nfs-utils-lib||public||2011-11-21 21:33||2011-11-22 19:22|
|Product Version||Pre Release|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0005255: umich_ldap.so broken in nfs-utils-lib 1.1.5-3|
|Description||The /usr/lib64/libnfsidmap/umich_ldap.so that ships with nfs-utils-lib-1.1.5-3.el6.x86_64.rpm appears to be broken.|
The symptom I encounter is failed UID/GID resolution on NVSv4 mounts when /etc/idmapd.conf includes umich_ldap in the transation method, e.g.,
Method = umich_ldap,nsswitch
On the CentOS 6 machine that has the faulty package installed, syslog will report "rpc.idmapd[XXXX]: libnfsidmap: requested translation method, 'umich_ldap', is not available."
On the NFS server (a Debian box, in this instance), syslog will report "rpc.idmapd[XXXX]: nss_getpwnam: name 'nobody' does not map into domain 'blah.com'"
The files in the NFVv4 filesystem show up as owned by UID 4294967294.
|Steps To Reproduce||Upgrade a base CentOS 6.0 machine to nfs-utils-lib 1.1.5-3, which currently lives in the "cr" repository. Reboot (or restart all daemons necessary for NFSv4 client functionality).|
|Additional Information||In 1.1.5-1 (the current non-cr version), /usr/lib64/libnfsidmap/umich_ldap.so is 23464 bytes; in 1.1.5-3, it's much smaller: 3632 bytes. Oddly, however, ldd reports the same dynamic dependencies in both.|
I can't seem to find the 1.1.5-3 SRPM in any mirrors, so I can't offer any guesses as to how the regression was introduced.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
nfs-utils-lib is not patched by CentOS, so SRPMS are same as upstream's:
diff between nfs-utils-lib-1.1.5-1 and nfs-utils-lib-1.1.5-3 SRPMS (new version of libnfsidmap + some patchs):
added REQUIRES libtool
The nfs-utils-lib-1.1.5-libnfsidmap-0-25-rc1.patch patch doesn't appear to be horribly intrusive, so I doubt it's the culprit (but it could be). The rhel-idmapd.conf patch merely swaps some default settings in /etc/idmapd.conf, so that's not the issue for me, since my idmapd.conf was the same before and after the update.
I used the generic rpm %configure macro to build the libnfsidmap-0.24 source. The resulting umich_ldap.so library works fine.
The I did "rpm --rebuild" against the 1.1.5-3 SRPM. Sure enough, the umich_ldap.so contained in the resulting rpm was invalid.
I was wrong about nfs-utils-lib-1.1.5-libnfsidmap-0-25-rc1.patch. Removing it from the .spec file results in a working umich_ldap.so.
Now to figure out what part of the patch is toxic.
I think this should be reported at upstream's bugzilla