View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006191||CentOS-6||squid||public||2013-01-14 16:59||2013-01-14 16:59|
|Platform||Intel Xeon E5530 (VM)||OS||Centos 6.3 x86_64||OS Version||6.3 Final|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0006191: Using squidclient tool makes squid crash|
|Description||This bug report follows this forum entry : https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=40914|
On the following CentOS installation:
- CentOS 6.3 with latest "yum upgrade"
- Official kernel 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64
- Latest Squid package squid-3.1.10-9.el6_3.x86_64 from official repository
- SELinux enforced
The configuration file allows the use of cache_object, and squid works very well on this server as long as I just ask him to relay/cache HTTP requests.
But the use of such a command like "squidclient mgr:info" (on the host itself) makes it crash instantly, with a mail to root from auditd that follows.
|Steps To Reproduce||Having squidclient allowed :|
- acl manager proto cache_object
- http_access allow manager localhost
Simply launch :
- squidclient mgr:info
Results on :
- squid crashes
- squidclient returns nothing to the console and exits
- auditd sends a mail about the crash to root mailbox
|Additional Information||To know for sure that it is a "Aborted (core dumped)" issue, I stopped the service then launched squid in interactive mode with this command :|
- squid -N -X -f /etc/squid/squid.conf
As an alternative to squiclient I also used netcat :
- nc 127.0.0.1 3128
Then on the standard input (with carriage return) :
GET cache_object://localhost/info HTTP/1.0
With the same result.
|Tags||No tags attached.|